Wednesday 23 February 2011

Can only be one thing to start with.....

I have been pondering for the last few days since I decided to start writing my own personal blog what could I begin with. Well after lots of head scratching and blank ideas I thought I'd begin with one of my favourite pastimes in life, following Arsenal FC. Now I know some that read this (mainly Spurs fans) will be sighing at this revelation but hey I needed something to get me started. I promise to keep it short to begin with and to be honest I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't been written already.

RVP scores his 3rd goal - Arsenal vs Wigan Premiership Football Match 22/01/11

I have been a season ticket holder for just over 16 years now and during this time I have experienced many great matches, from the sadly missed atmosphere at Highbury Stadium to the more recent games at the new home of football, The Emirates. Being an Arsenal fan through this period has been one of great joy and terrible pain at times and I think this is what makes supporting this club so special. A family club that makes you feel like you belong, a sensible board of directors looking after the money, a legendary manager and some of the world's best players this club has been close to my heart since it caught my imagination at the tender age of 13.

With Wenger at the helm now for 14 years we have had great success and great regrets too but the 2010/11 season is shaping up to be one worth remembering for a long time (5 years since last trophy!). As always I won't get my hopes up just yet but I think finally this squad is showing it's talent and worth. Could this be the year we win some silverware?, well I for one will have everything crossed for the next 3 months and savour every minute and second of the ride.

Come on you Gunners......!

........over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment